MEDITATION AND MUFFINS
Thursday, September 13, 7 – 8am
HELP OUR GIVE FOR GOOD LOUISVILLE EFFORT!
Join us on Give for Good Louisville Day for Meditation (7-7:30am) and fresh, homemade Muffins (7:30-8pm)! Please share at least $10 in an online donation to DGCEC through Give for Good Louisville (12am to 11:59pm) and help our center win extra financial gifts from Community Foundation.
Online donations received at GiveForGoodLouisville.org under our name from 12am to 11:59pm.
ENGAGING THE PATH OF NON-HARM: NONVIOLENCE IN A COMPLICATED WORLD
Friday, September 21, 10 – 11:30am
This compelling community conversation marks International Day of Peace and wrestles with how to apply the principals of the Great Peacemakers who have fostered positive change through nonviolence movements. Growing a sustainable compassionate city calls each of us to commit to walking the path of non-harm. This FREE event opens DGCEC’s Twelve Days Toward Peace. Egan Leadership Center, Spalding, 901 S. 4th St. 40203.12
TWELVE DAYS TOWARD PEACE
September 21, International Day of Peace – October 2, International Day of Nonviolence
Please mark your calendar and look for details of this twelve-day event with many opportunities to learn about growing nonviolence!
- Louisville Plastic Challenge event: Saturday, Sept 22, Save A Lot Food Store, 2626 Portland, beginning at 10am
- Engaging Nonviolence – Empowered Young Leaders Symposium: Tuesday, Sept 25, 8:15am – 2pm, created for high school students (info [email protected])
- 24 Hour Vigil for Nonviolence, Wed, Sept 26, 7pm to Thurs, Sept 27, 7pm – each hour is hosted by a different group or individual
- Momo and Movie Night featuring the free movie “The Art of Peace” by His Holiness the Dalai Lama: Friday, Sept 28, 6pm
- Daily Peacemakers to Light the Path, reflections posted daily on Facebook
- Daily Meditation for Peace Opportunity – make a personal commitment to meditate for a peace-filled world!
- International Day of Nonviolence: Tuesday, October 2, 6:30pm Join us for this Interfaith Dialogue with Faith Leaders
TIBETAN MOMOS and MOVIE NIGHT
Friday, September 28, Dinner: 5:30 and Free Movie: 6:00pm
“The Art of Peace: Finding Peace Within Ourselves and in the World”
The Dalai Lama is known throughout the world as one of the clearest voices for peace. At the heart of his profound teachings lies our fundamental need for happiness and peace in our lives. The teaching in The Art of Peace reflect the Dalai Lama’s powerful vision – that our deepest happiness can only be realized through our compassionate and benevolent actions towards others. It is by understanding and practicing this art of peace that we can transform ourselves and the world around us.
This movie showing is part of Twelve Days Toward Peace.
$10 for 7 beef or veggie filled momos / salad or $20 for 16 delicious momos / salad. PRE-ORDER please! 502-614-5616, DrepungGomangUSA.org or at the Center. Carryout from 4:30 – 6:30pm.