How To Become a Member of DGCEC/TGDC
Click here for the DGCEC_Membership_Form 2016
All are welcome at Drepung Gomang Center for Engaging Compassion/ TGDC – to visit our shrine room, to enjoy weekly meditation, to receive teachings, and to attend community events.
A Member is a person who is willing to make a deeper commitment to our vision and mission.
You are warmly invited to renew or commit to membership at DGCEC/TGDC through sharing your talent, time and financial commitment.
Membership Commitment Builds Strong Community
Sangha or Interfaith Member
Two types of membership.
- Sangha Member: a person who has taken Buddhist Refuge Vows, is preparing to take Refuge Vows at DGCEC/TGDC in the future or is a committed student of Tibetan Buddhism
- Interfaith Member: a friend from another or no faith tradition who is committed to the support of center and its mission, including the teaching of compassion from a secular perspective
Basic Annual Membership
- Individual Member: $50
- Family Membership: $110 (3 or more)
- Student Membership: $35
- Senior Membership: $35
- Those living on a fixed or low income are invited to talk to staff about an affordable level
Memberships are for one year, effective at date of signing. Please present member card for discounts.
Membership dues are not tax-deductible, as defined by law.
We thank you for your support and offer these benefits to DGCEC Members:
- Annual Member Retreat
- Member Discount on DGCEC programs as noted in promotional materials
- Member Discount on retreat room use
- Guidance by our Geshes through classes and prayer offerings
- Periodic E-Newsletter for Members
- Borrowing Privileges from DGCEC’s expanded library
- 10% Discount in the Tibetan Marketplace and occasional member-only sales
Your commitment to a monthly pledge in addition to the base membership helps us build a responsible budget and meet the expenses of running both a Dharma and an Educational Center. Please make a monthly pledge that fits your financial situation.
Circle of Compassion
Supporters able to share a donation of $1000 or more a year become part of the DGCEC/TGDC Circle of Compassion.
DGCEC, listed under our original incorporation name Drepung Gomang Institute, is a 501c3 non-profit organization and all donations are tax-deductible. Your financial information is confidential and will not be shared with others.
Your Time is Precious to DGCEC
Please consider sharing some of your time to increase the health of DGCEC. Committees include: Hospitality, Building and Grounds, Fundraising, Merchandise, Sacred Arts Tour Committee, and Special Events. We are also grateful for help with cleaning the center and grounds, preparing food for events and providing transportation for our Geshes.
Connecting Your Talent with DGCEC’s Needs
Your skills are a gift! Consider which special talents you would like to share to help grow our center.
An enlightened, peaceful community transformed through the wisdom and compassion of Tibetan Buddhist philosophy
Our Mission Statement
As the North American Seat of Drepung Gomang Monastery, we offer the region an opportunity to study and practice Tibetan Buddhism through transformative guided retreats, classes, and teachings; we actively promote awareness of the endangered Tibetan culture and associated human rights issues with commemorations and events, and by hosting the Drepung Gomang Sacred Arts Tours; we provide Louisville a welcoming space and programs relating to the practice of meditation, secular ethics, interfaith dialogue and peacemaking as inspired by His Holiness the Dalai Lama. We are dedicated to engaging compassion in the hearts of the community.